This is my first ever blog! 

I am 70 days sober and it feels so great that I thought I would start to write about it. The early days were tough and I really didn't know that I was going to make it this far. 

I've read a few sober books. I joined some sober Facebook groups. I've bought a sober bracelet (more about this another day). 

I've found that the best thing for sobriety is support and likeminded people. So I've started this blog for myself and anyone else who wants to chat to a stranger about giving up alcohol.

I'm finding that one of the hardest things about early sobriety is 'coming out!' Having the courage to tell my friends and family that I have decided to give the booze a miss for a while.

When you give up alcohol, the question you get asked the most is "Why?" 

I've found that trick is to keep it simple. No one really cares why, therefore long explanations are pointless. Probably the best answer is "Because I want to." smile, and change the subject. 

At the end of the day, it's your life and you should be able to do, what you want to do! Right? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The reason why